Last week I went to my local GOP meeting to caucus. This was a first for me. I wasn't even sure why I was there or what I was meant to do.
What I found out is
1- Too few people are active in our local government
2-The best way to make your voice heard is to speak up
3-All you have to do is want to help . A job will be found for you
I am now a county delegate.
What does that mean. At first I will admit I did not know. But now I understand that I will get to make a voice for my local area at the official call to Convention where nominees will be chosen out of the candidates that are locally running.
This is what I would think of as grass roots when I think of local government. This is where we should start. This is where we learn how to make this city, county, state, country a better place. Wish me luck.
My advise to you is get out and vote every chance you get. If you make a voice for you , then you make a voice for you children.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
ok I must admit that am I not very into voting because I always feel that I am never given enough information on the people that I need to vote for. Do you know way of getting that information easily? maybe I will just have to ask you tons of questions when voting time comes again. Good luck and have fun with your new job!!
Post a Comment