Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Potato's

I just finished planting my garden tonight. Green goodness all over and my hand smell like dirt (someone should make a perfume that smells like that. ) I can smell good dirt from a mile away.
Any way back to the green goodness. Rows of tomato's squash , hot peppers and cucumbers, and yes potato's.
This is the first time we have grown potato's (and suggestions will be helpful ) I am looking forward to this new veggie. We planted red and white, butter and blue. Yes there are blue potato's. Rows and rows of potato's. Now lets see if we can get them to grow.
I look at my grarden as a story of my life. A new adventure. A new challenge. What steps do we take to prepare. Do we get ready those thing we need, to grow something new. Do we tend to that new thing , giving it all that is required to bring about the fruits of our labors. Are we putting forth the work needed to gain something, or do we think it will grow on its own. I never have found a potato in my garden yet. I am sure it is because I have not planted one until now. And I really don't expect that once I put the work into this I will get watermelon out of the ground. But I also know that I wont get potato's unless I feed, weed and water this.
I know that is something like any good thing in my life. If I want something good to come from my work. Fruits of my labors I have to put the work into it. My kids, My marriage, My calling, My job. Anything good that I want to come from them I have to put the work in first.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uuuummm....blue potatoes? Really? Do they have a bluish tinge or bluish skin or are they just called that?