Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saying Good By


I turned over all of my girls camp stuff to the stake leaders today. (I was released due to my new calling last week) This was very difficult. I didn't think it would be that hard.
I had been working on camp only scents June. I know that sounds like along time, but camp isn't until next June.
Anyway, I cried. I didn't want to. I thought I would be fine. I had already cried so I was sure I that I was done. Whatever. They asked a little about how I came to the theme for camp, and there came the waterworks.
I guess it was just going to happen. I want so much for the young women to go to camp and come away knowing for sure that their Father in Heaven loves them. I want them to see the potential they have to become great women. I want them to bloom into the amazing people I know they are. I know girls camp is a great place to teach them.
I know I will still be there with our ward. However, there is something to seeing girls camp for the perspective of a stake leader you don't get anywhere else. Kris said the something about being a ward leader. I think we are both right.
So now it is in the very capable hand of the stake leaders. I know they will do a great job. I sure they wont change to many of my ideas.(I know where they live JK) They are such great leaders. They only have the girls best interest in mind. They will follow the promptings of the Lord and seek him often in pray for guidance.
I will miss so much serving with them and want to say thank you to all of them for their great example and their love while I was with them.
You all are the best.

4 comments:

Sonja said...

You are such a great example to me. Thank you so much for the love that you put into this calling. I know that when the Lord inspires you, you listen. That's what is so great about you (along with so much more). I hope that vision you have stays true.

Tracy Rushton said...

Its okay to cry. A great man told me not to long ago, it only means you care and put your heart into it. If you didn't cry, that would be truley sad.

You have done a great job and I am so excited you are still with my girls.

Anonymous said...

hey sister warner its megyn i know i basicaly have no life causei am looking at old womens blogs just kidding!!! i was supper sad when they relseaded you but i want you to know you are where you needed to be wit our ward i love you, you teach me everyday and everytime i am with you of my worth you have helped me and i am sure the rest of the yung women see how much the lord truly loves us and we can see how much you love him. you are one of our greatest examples the lord put you in this calling because we need you!! we need you to keep us on track and help keep our focuss you are an amazing leader thank you so much for all that you have done and will do i probably wont exspress it eneough but i love you and i am truly greatfull you are my leader!!! you are one of my greatest examples

dieMutti said...

You are a rock star! (I learned that from watching you...) I really saw how much you cared about the YW when I went to camp with you. I know that they felt the Spirit and came away with a stronger testimony. I agree with you about the perspective. We have stake camp this year and after going as a stake leader I can see the benefits of both. I know the girls in the 10th ward look up to you and will learn so much from your strength, testimony, and example!