Friday, January 2, 2009

Spring?

For me , after Christmas and New Year it is time to think about spring. To start planing my garden and flower beds. I know that there are still two plus month of really cold gray and snowy days ahead, but I try to look past that to a brighter, warmer future. To the day when the bulbs start to come up and the cold goes away.

Don't laugh. I know it was less then a month ago that I was trying to embrace winter. However, in my perfect world winter would be those few weeks before Christmas and then two months of snow only in the mountains, and Warm in the valleys.

I like warm winds and the smell of flowers when you open the door. I like my window open when I wash the dishes and hearing the leaves resell on the wind. And I love warm tomato's right out of the garden.

I think that may be what I long for the most. My garden. There are so many great rewards from a garden. Fresh veggies that I don't have to pay for at the store. More then you can eat so you send them to friends, hoping they love their veggies.
Warm dirt on your hands as you work the earth. The work you put into it is what you get out of it.

I guess what I am saying is Bring on spring. In the mean time I will start planning my garden.

No comments: