Monday, March 23, 2009

fun to be had...

So I can not keep putting off telling you about our trip just because I can not post the pics. That's on me. So I will just let you know how much fun it was.
We told the kids we were running some errands and ended up at the airport. The didn't think anything of it. Mom works for an airline. So they didn't think anything. We let them know I had to run some passes inside and told them they could come in. You should have seem their faces when I asked them if they would help carry some bags. It took a second and then clicked. Then we said we were all flying to CA and they all went crazy. If you were one of the people waiting for the bus to take us to the airport you would have thought that we were all bonkers. The kids would just start jumping up and down for no reason and laugh.
Any way, that was maybe the best surprise I have ever given. The ride to and from was great of course. The plane was wonderful. If you have never flown on jetblue you may need to try it.
The hotels were wonderful. We had planned on going out Fri morning but went Thur night so we ended up hotel hopping just a little. SO much fun. It is always nicer to get to jump on the beds at two hotel verses one.
The aquarium was beautiful and full of fun thing to see and touch.
I think the highlight of the trip was going up to see family Fri night. Spending time with Ryan and Jen and the kids was the best part for me.
We took our time this trip. We had very fluid plans so we were in no hurry to get anywhere. That is what I would suggest for any trip.
Needless to say it was wonderful. I love being able to spend time like that with my family.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I feel honored that we were the highlight of your trip! We had a great time with you and your sweet family.