Friday, March 27, 2009

Just let the kids lick the beaters



I have been in the kitchen baking all morning. Trying to get ready for the YW fundraiser tonight and Nukers Birthday tomorrow.
Any way I was making some frosting and thought to myself that it would be OK to lick the beaters. It is just frosting, no eggs involved. As I was standing there enjoying the moment it dawned on me. I never let the kids lick the beaters. Cookies, cakes, what have you. I don't. Of course I don't. I don't want them to get sick for the raw egg in the mix. I don't want them up all night and me with the heart ache of there new best friend the toilet.
My grandma always let me lick the beaters. Or even better the bowl. You know there were eggs in them when I was a kid. So what changed?
Me, I worry what could happen to them.
Life if like licking the beaters. You could stop them from the joy of the cake mix just because they may get a bad egg and a sour stomach or you can let them have the fun.Cake on the face, smile from ear to ear fun.
I guess I learned a life lesson. If you are to worried about the bad eggs you will miss out on the sweet stuff. If you think that the world is full of nothing but hate and anger you will miss out on the wonderful people all around you.
So today and from now I am going to let them lick the beaters. I may even give them the bowl.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Way to go venturing out to bigger and better things like licking the beaters, I always lick them, always have and always will I have never had a bad egg problem as of yet and so I will still enjoy my innocence and joy of the lick!

COOLWHIP said...

I always run into the problem.... 2 beaters, 1 bowl, 4 kids that want to lick. Then I have to get out a fork and mix the batter, so there are 4 items to lick. What happens when we have 6 kids that want to lick, there will always be kids to lick,( you never out grow that, evidence... you licking the beaters) That's a lot of dirty forks.......

Kodelle said...

I have always licked the beaters and the bowl. Its my favorite part. I have even been known to eat spoonfuls of raw cookie dough and brownie batter. I figure if one or two raw eggs mixed in a whole bowl full of batter hasn't killed me in 30-something years, its not likely to any time soon. So, lick those beaters clean I say (why share them with the kids?)