Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Great Read

I have just worked through three new books, and I must say I loved them all, but I will only let you know about one at a time.
First
Take Two Chocolates and Call Me in the Morning
by, Emily Watts
12 Semi-Practical Solutions for the Really Busy Women

What a great book. Reading this was more like talking to a friend then reading a book. It was wonderful, full of wisdom we all know somewhere in the back of our heads but never can quite pull it out.
AT first I thought am I really so slow that I needed someone to point out the obvious, and then I thought yes. It wasn't that I am slow but maybe that I am not slow enough.
Most of the information in this book requires me to slow down. Pay attention. enjoy the ride.
I have to say that my favorite chapter is Quit Trying to Finish the Laundry. When I read this book again (and it will be soon) I think I will just start with this chapter and then get back to it when I go back to the beginning. I love the fact that she reminds me that there are things I can get done and things I can not. I should stop trying to get done the things that have no end, and stop making myself feel bad for not getting them done.
I have to say if you feel you have to much to do, your plate may be getting smaller, a nap is something that happens between 11pm and 5am this may be the book you need to slow down for.
That Emily Watts is a smart smart cookie.

No comments: