Holy cow, This month has come and gone so quickly. I'm not sure were all the time went. But I had to stop and say how wonderful it has been.
We have had girls camp, birthdays, ordinations, swim meets, fireworks, BBQ's, sleepovers, midnight swims, smore's in the back yard, and lets not forget the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain temple. This may be one of the highlights of this month, last month, and next month.
I know that's three months. Really it more. I was blessed to be a captain of ten for the youth celebration in May also. That was cool. But serving in the temple open house has been amazing.
Today Brad and I got to serve for 5 hours. That was wonderful. The spirit was so strong. I had a hard time talking and keeping the tears inside.It seemed as if people were carried into to the temple with angels. You could not fight back the tears. I know that the tissue box was changed more then one time. I learned so many things about my Heavenly Father and his love for his children today. No soon had Brad dropped me off that he headed to the pool to pick up Haybear and go back with her. I know what your thinking. She's not 14. (I got the bishops permission and that's all I going to say on that). I know how much she was looking forward to this. I know how tired she was going to be after her meet today. I didn't think she would be up to going, but she asked if we could just pick her up and head straight to the temple. She really is such a great kid. "Young women".
Any way. Brad called to let me know how everything was going. Haybear was out side smiling and helping folks get to were they needed to be. I am so glad that she gets to serve this way. One may way for her to serve and learn the importance of the temple, and the work that goes on inside.
To sum it up. It has been a wonderful month. I do not doubt that next month will be just as great, if not crazier. I am OK with that as long as I get to be on the crazy ride with my family.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment