Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

What a weekend. How great to be able to watch and attend General Conference. To sit with my family and hear the words of the lord spoken from the mouths of disciples.
We were able to go down town to the conference center with three of our children Saturday morning. How great for Syd to get to be at a solemn assembly for her very first conference trip. What an opportunity to teach and learn together the order of things, and to know that the lord has a plan and purpose in his calling of new prophets.
She was bubbling over with joy at the opportunity. With her brother and sister.
I personal love the chance to be able to stand and add my hand to those fellow members and sustain Thomas S. Monson as the next president of the church.
I add my testimony to all those that have said. He is a prophet of the Lord. He was called before he came. Foreordained by the lord to lead this true church at this time.
I am grateful to have had the Holy Ghost witness this truth to me. And I am grateful that I was able to share this next step for the church with my family.

3 comments:

dieMutti said...

I love conference too! How cool that you went to the conference center! I will miss having the opportunity :)

Sonja said...

That is so cool that you were there Saturday morning. What an honor. That is something that you and your family will always remember. I love how tender Sydney is. What a cutie!

Kristy said...

I am so glad you are "one" of us now!!!!! I think about your family often and wonder how you are doing and now I can find out. It all looks good.