I have been working on some ideas for girls camp while Brads away. Haybear asked why I was doing this? Girls camp is a year away. She has a very good point. Why start so soon? Why take the time now, with so much time ahead of me.
Well, time flies. Fast! It is already mid July and I feel like its May still. Time moves so quickly that I feel the very strong need to move with it. Next summer will be upon me sooner rather then later and I will need to have something in mind. Something to tell them. A message from their Father in Heaven. If I wait until I am rushing I might miss the message. I may be to hurried to hear.
Life is like that. If we wait and rush we miss things. We miss the moments of gratitude. The small and simple things that lift us and make a better. The little things that make us smile.
I can't slow things down, so I need to take more time to prepare. For everything important and good. After all shouldn't we have to take the time preparing to really be grateful for the the blessing to come. For the spirit to take us to the blessing our Father has in store for us. I know that he wants us to have them. We shouldn't rush by so fast that we miss them.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I went to a class at Ed. week one year on keeping the Holy Ghost in your home, and that was what it was about. Slowing down. you can't hear when your thoughts and actions are in a rush.
Man....do I ever know why you are the camp director!!! I don't ever question that one.
Thank you for your great example. When I grow up I 'pray' I will be just like you!
Post a Comment