The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox
"Christ doesn't just make up the difference. He make all the difference."
This may be my new favorite book. I loved it. Brad Wilcox has a way of letting you know. That yes you must do all you can, but it is a matter of obedience and faith. There is a gap between us and the father. But Christ has already filled it. He has already made up the difference.
He likened the atonement to the sacrament pray. We know it must be perfect. But the young men can keep trying with no limit on how many times they can do it until they get it right. They are not made to feel less for making a mistake during the pray and they get to start new the next Sunday.
The atonement works like that. We can keep repenting and improving. Even if we make the same mistake again. Of course we should not try to continue to sin. We must keep working towards improving our selves. But if and when we mess again. (I know I do.) We can turn to our Heavenly Father and because of our Savior we can be forgiven.
This book is amazing. I thought I would come away feeling worse. Feeling like I can not make it back to my Heavenly Father. Instead I felt hope. Knowing that I am imperfect and knowing that is why I came here. I came to this earth to gain a body and become like my Father in Heaven.
I am so thankful for the knowledge. Hope is a very good feeling.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment