Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Be Your Best You


Ralph Waldo Emerson said "What lies behind, and what lies before us, are tiny matter compared to what lies within us."
I have thought a lot about those words. I have wondered if I worry to much about what I can't change. Or worry about things that have not yet happened, and then lose sight of what that worry does to me at the time.
Do I punish myself for my past. Wishing I could change what has been done. Do I hold on to the past and wish I could have done it better. Or do I learn from where I was to be better now.
Do I dwell on the future hoping it will be all I dream for. Or do I work now to improve me to make those dreams real.
Can I focus on now being the very best me I can be. Can I look inside to make sure that right now I am kind and gentle. Can I right now learn and grow from where I am. Can I right now forgive myself for not being perfect and decide that that is what my Savior is for. Can I right now decide that I am good enough.

No comments: